Saturday, April 2, 2022

Week 13 Review: We Free the Stars

From Goodreads:
The follow-up to the New York Times bestselling novel We Hunt the Flame!

After the battle on Sharr that closed We Hunt the Flame, Zafira and Nasir return to a ghostly Sultan's Keep, low on resources and allies alike. The dark forest has fallen, but the kingdom teems with fear of the Lion of the Night's return. As Nasir fights to command the dark power in his blood, Zafira fights against a very different darkness festering through her bond with the Jawarat.

The second book in the Sands of Arawiya duology, by the masterful Hafsah Faizal.

My Review:
Wow, this was an excellent end to the duology! I loved the first book, and I loved this one! It was such a fantastic read, and I loved watching these characters deal with the fallout of the previous one, the external political stuff, and the internal scars.

I was so invested in these characters lives after the first book, and it was really great to see where they were, and dealing with the Lion being back. And boy, do things get complicated, really quickly, given that Altair was held captive. They went through so much!

It was interesting to see Zafira's story, because she's spiraling. The Jawarat has been on Sharr for so long, that it absorbed that wickness, and now that it's bound to her, well, it has her questioning herself, and sometimes it was hard to read. Oh, but her relationship with Nasir! I felt so badly for them!

The way things wrapped up was so satisfying! I loved how they dealt with the Lion,, and with the other ifrit, though, oh, the cost to get there! So much loss and sacrifice. But things ended on a really great note, I'm pleased with where we left these characters!

This was an epic, amazing read, and I can't wait to see what Hafsah Faizal writes next! 

Author: Hafsah Faizal
Series: Sands of Arawiya #2
Read: March 27th, 2022
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Published: January 21st 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!