Saturday, December 16, 2023

Week 50 Review: No Kindness Too Soon

From Goodreads:
From the author of the "Themis Files" and the "Take Them to the Stars" series comes a new, riveting story of first contact.

What kind of message would you have sent into space?

I wouldn't have.

Why not?

Because they might hear it, and then they might come.

A mysterious radio signal is picked up from a neighboring star system. A group of experts is brought to the floor of the Grand Canyon to investigate its origin and its meaning as the planet suffers one natural disaster after another. Cut off from the rest of the world, they must question everything, including each other, if they hope to solve the mystery.

What they discover could be the difference between life as we know it—and the end of the world.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I really found Sylvain Neuvel's books this year, and fallen in love, and this short audio was just perfect, I loved the story, and of course it's full cast audio in interview format. It was such an entertaining read!

This is another first contact story, and I didn't know how it would turn out. Because, as they discover, this signal was the replies that this one device was receiving-but the slow way round, not the instantaneous that the machine got. So they have to figure out what was being sent-to figure out what they were now receiving. Because some odd things are happening, and it seems they might be connected.

I really enjoyed getting to know this cast of characters who are looking into the transmissions. There were a bunch of specialities, alongside a military person, and while tempers rose multiple times, figuring out what was going on was a top priority. 

That ending though, that was perfect! And just in time, because what they feared could've happened, only just didn't because a few hours changed everything, and I loved what ahppened because of that change, that was really heartwarming! 

Loved reading this and I can't wait to read more by Sylvain Neuvel! 

Author: Sylvain Neuvel 
Read: December 9th, 2023 
Source:  Audible 
Reason Why: Love his writing and it sounded really great and it's a SAC 2033 Book! 
Publisher: Audible Originals
Published: August 11nd 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!