Saturday, December 16, 2023

Week 50 Review: Water's Wrath

From Goodreads:
Librarian turned sorcerer. Sorcerer turned hero. Hero turned puppet. The Solaris Empire found victory in the North and, at the cost of her heart and her innocence, Vhalla Yarl has earned her freedom. But the true fight is only beginning as the secret forces that have been lurking in the shadows, tugging at the strings of Vhalla's fate, finally come to light. Nowhere is safe, and Vhalla must tread carefully or else she'll fall into the waiting arms of her greatest foe. Or former lover.

My Review:
It was so great to read this book! The threat of those that are against magicians, especially Windwalkers, really reared its head in this book, and made things all the more complicated-and they're going to get worse before they get better, given the events of this book! 

This is a bit of time for Vhalla to rest, after going to war, and to learn more about the crystals and the past, and just what her options are. And it gave her the time she needed, to come back to the capital, and deal with the royal family, the good and the bad.

Oh, but losing Baldair like that? That hurt. I mean, at least they did have some time where their relationship was mended, and they got to clear the air, say their goodbyes. But for him to die like that, when he almost made it to the end, that was awful.

I knew something bad was going to happen because she took the weapon, but I really didn't expect what happened. I mean, there were clues in the way that he treated Aldrik, but that was an epic cliff hanger and I need to know what's going to happen next! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to see how the series wraps up! 

Author: Elise Kova 
Series: Air Awakens #4 
Read: December 15th, 2023
Source: Audible
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Silver Wing Press
Published: April 26th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!