Saturday, December 30, 2023

Week 52 Review: Leopard's Hunt

From Goodreads:
In this pulse-pounding novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Leopard series, animal instinct unites two elite shifters whose heads are at war with their hearts.

Gorya Amurov might be known as his family's peacekeeper, but the leopard inside him wants nothing more than to claw to the surface and unleash hell. A harsh life has shaped him into a vicious fighter with a calm exterior, but Gorya knows it's only a matter of time until he loses all control. Deep down, he truly believes he'd be better off dead, and that no woman will ever accept him as a mate....

Maya Averina has spent years hunting the criminals who destroyed her life, and she always takes down her prey. She keeps to herself, stays under the radar, and never loses focus. But with her body burning up and her mind distracted by her first heat, an ambush takes her by surprise. Now she's trapped, an unmated female shifter about to be sold off to the highest bidder. Maya is ready to fight her way out—until the most dangerous, powerful man she's ever encountered arrives to set her free....

My Review:
This was a really great read! I saw somewhere, I think on Christine Feehan's website or blog, talking about how we had to get Leopard's Scar before we got this book, and since those two became the heads of security for Gorya, yeah, I'm glad that things ended up that way! 

Goyra and Maya were such a great couple, they've both been beaten and broken by the world, they're both advanced, and their leopards get together so well. I had such a great time watching them work things out with each other, dealing with their issues, it was so great! 

I am really hoping, for the sake of the characters, not for me, because I enjoy seeing the bad guys being taken down, that this was the final takedown of this particular bad guy and their crimes. Because they've put a lot of effort into it, and that particular crime is just awful, so I'm hopeful that they've stopped it for good by shifters, at the very least! But it was oh, so satisfying to watch them take out the bad guys! 

I'm wondering if a future book, possibly the next one, but you never know until it's announced, will be be the couple that formed up right at the end of this book. I really hope we see their story, given how they're connected to Gorya and Maya, but who knows?

Loved reading this book and I can't wait for whatever comes next in the series! 

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: Leopard People #14
Read: December 25th, 2023 
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Berkley 
Expected Publication: February 20th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!