Saturday, December 23, 2023

Week 51 Review: A Matter of Secrets and Spies

From Goodreads:
How many ways can a marriage proposal go wrong?

the ring gets stolen
a storm destroys the beach
a dead body, seriously?
A THEFT RING?!

Come hell or highwater, he WILL propose before leaving this benighted island.

My Review:
This book was so much fun to read! I knew it was going to, between the past books and the synopsis of this book. I mean, come on, his marriage proposal getting this derailed, including the ring being stolen? I knew it was going to be so very entertaining to read, even if it was the opposite for poor Henri! 

It was interesting to have this case, because they're on vacation, they don't have the jurisdiction, and they don't have the ducklings along. So while they didn't want to get involved, circumstances bring them in, and of course Henri wants to solve it quickly, so he can get the ring back! 

The two of them together, it's just so cute and adorable! I just love them together, and this is a big step towards their future, and I loved seeing it, as well as their plans for the future home, including the house hunting! I can't wait for more! 

This is the first case where the bad guy got away-at least for now. But even if it's going to become a cold case, Jamie knows who the bad guy is, and has a better idea of how they operate, so it won't be so easy getting away next time their paths cross! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for whatever comes next! 

Author: Honor Raconteur 
Series: The Case Files of Henri Davenforth #10
Read: December 21st, 2023 
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book!  
Publisher: Raconteur House LLC
Published: December 19th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!