Friday, July 31, 2020

Book Battle August 2020 TBR

So I'm participating in Book Battle on Facebook. I participated last month, but I want to do a post about this month, because I want to find the books that fit the prompts now, so I can match them with my N.E.W.T.'s TBR, and read those first, because we only get 5 books that don't fit the prompts until we read half, so I want to get that quickly. So I have to get at least 7 or 8 books now. But I might do this each month, because that 5 books thing is around all the time, so it'd be nice to have those options out of the way!

5pts-Book with balloons on the cover - 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston (Probably. I'll see what the suggestions are) Scared Little Rabbits by A.V. Geiger
5pts-3 year old book (published in 2017) - Zero Repeat Forever by Gabrielle S. Prendergast
5pts-Book about a party - Deacon Locke Went to Prom by Brian Katcher
5pts-"Book" or "Battle" in the title - For Whom the Book Tolls by Laura Gail Black
5pts-Book about friends - I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it counts. That book has a synopsis that says "hardly friends." So figuring it doesn't count. That or Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
5pts-Book that makes you happy - I have an idea, but it's more a book that has me excited, not laughing. Approved! The Emperor's Wolves by Michelle Sagara
5pts-CRITERIA CHOICE 1 - Comic Book - Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise by Michael Dante DiMartino and by Gene Luen Yang (Maybe. If graphic novel counts for comic book. It was approved!)
5pts-CRITERIA CHOICE 2 - Less Than 500 Ratings - Master of One by Jaida Jones and Dani Bennett Bombshell by Rowan Maness - Currently has 9 ratings Currently has 94 ratings, and it's been released since 2017, vs. Master of One which hasn't been released yet!
10pts-CLUB READ 1 - Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
10pts-CLUB READ 2 - Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson (Maybe. Yes.)
10pts-Book published in August - Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter
10pts-Book about bees - Need to see the suggestions. But if I don't feel interested in any of them, I'll skip this prompt, given all the books I need to read!
10pts-Book with confetti on the cover - The Love Curse of Melody McIntyre by Robin Talley
15pts-Book with a birthday in it - Need to see the suggestions Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody & Joanne Rendell
20pts-Book about your team - Don't know what team I'm on yet. On Team Vengeful Spirit, so a book about ghosts. This Is Not a Ghost Story by Andrea Portes

I didn't get all of these prompts filled, but I have questions, and I need to see some suggestions because I can't find books to fill all of these prompts. Can't wait to read! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!