Sunday, July 19, 2020

Wheel of TBR #8, July 19th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.

So I did changes things up this week. Thanks to Afternoon Literature, the idea of forfeits on her TBR Tokens game inspired me to do the same, since unhauling the unread books just wasn't working for me. Instead I'll do punishments. For example, if Book Fulfills Two Prompts, then I'll do two spins, and the book I choose must fulfill both prompts. Excluding the various Picks besides Louisa Pick, and spinning again if a conflicting prompt is spun, like start a series and end a series. I'll start that with this week-if I don't read any of the below books, then I'll have to add punishments. Well, I'm going to be trying out one of the punishments this week, the Book Fulfills Two Prompts, so if I read that book, but not one of the others, then they cancel each other out. I just want to try it out to see how it'll work!

This week I read Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe, Deathless Divide, The Bone Season, Blood & Honey, so I have 25 previous spin books left to read!

Prompts Used This Week:
Colour, New Author, One Word Title, For Fans Of, Highest Rated, Louisa Pick, ARC-NetGalley, Ugly Cover.

Colour-Rose-Orange-The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth-This book is about half orange, so that works!

New Author-Orange-Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton-I haven't read any of his books yet.

One Word Title-Violet-Nyxia by Scott Reintgen-This was easy, just one word is in the title!

Extra Spin for Rose-For Fans Of-Chartreuse-Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo-I kinda fudged this, I went to see what authors similar to Sarah J. Maas, and Leigh Bardugo was one of them, so I went with Six of Crows, since it's on my Make You Mythtaker TBR, and I wanted to read it near the end, which is tomorrow!

Extra Spin for Orange-Highest Rated-Cyan-I Come With Knives by S.A. Hunt-This is the highest rated book on my TBR shelf that has been published.

Extra Spin for Cyan-Louisa Pick-Yellow-Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder-Yeah, I got to pick what I wanted to read!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book Fulfills Two Prompts-ARC-NetGalley-Magenta-Ugly Cover-Green-The Archive of the Forgotten by A. J. Hackwith-This is an ARC that I got from NetGalley, and the cover is not very pretty to look at. It's interesting, but it doesn't look pretty, what with the burning pages and fire!

Colour Totals:
Red: 2
Orange: 4
Yellow: 5
Chartreuse: 2
Green: 1
Spring Green: 2
Cyan: 4
Azure: 2
Blue: 0
Violet: 3
Magneta: 3
Rose: 4

Prompts for Next Week:
Number-Red
New Author-Orange
Newly Added-Yellow
End the Series-Chartreuse
A-Z Title-Green
Year-Spring Green
Been Putting Off-Cyan
Genre Most Read-Azure
Retelling-Blue
Blind-Violet
Meme Read-Magenta
Word-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!