Sunday, July 26, 2020

Wheel of TBR #9, July 26th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.

Of the books from the last week, I read Six of Crows, Inside Out, Nyxia, and The Archive of the Forgotten. I also (just barely) started I Come With Knives, so that means I haven't read The Falling in Love Montage, which means a punishment.

This week I read the past wheel picks of The Left-Handed Booksellers of London, A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, so I have 23 back wheel spins.

Prompts Used This Week:
Newly Added, Been Putting Off, Blind, Sophomore Book, End the Series, Meme Read, Year

Newly Added-Yellow-Master of One by Jaida Jones and Dani Bennett-This is one of the 6 books that Goodreads shows as most recently added to my Want to Read shelf, so it's newly added!

Been Putting Off-Cyan-Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brodie and Joanne Rendell-This book is huge, not only in page count, but that my copy is an oversized hardcover. But I really want to read it!

Blind-Violet-The Cruel Prince by Holly Black-I had a few books that I've been meaning to read, from other TBR's, and this is the one that I chose with my eyes closed, hand reaching out.

Extra Spin for Violet-Sophomore Book-Cyan-The New Improved Sorceress by Sara Hanover-Sara's first book is The Late Great Wizard, and this is the next book published, written by this author, making it a sophomore book!

For the punishment, I got Book Fulfills Two Prompts, and this is how it went:

Book Fulfills Two Prompts-End the Series-Chartreuse-Meme Read-Magenta-Sorceress by Claudia Gray-I kinda fudged this, Meme Read-Magenta wasn't spun, but I needed to clear Meme Read, because I broke that down into the various memes that I want to come up, so I had to use it up. And Sorceress, I don't have only that to read, I'm planning on rereading the whole series, but it's the only one that really fit both prompts, so I went with it!

Extra Spin for Magenta-Year-Spring Green-2014-Steadfast by Claudia Gray-this works out perfectly, that 2/3 of the full length books in this series are picked!

Colour Totals:
Red: 2
Orange: 4
Yellow: 6
Chartreuse: 4
Green: 1
Spring Green: 3
Cyan: 6
Azure: 2
Blue: 0
Violet: 4
Magneta: 4
Rose: 4

Prompts for Next Week:
Number-Red
New Author-Orange
Series Number-Yellow
Physical Book-Chartreuse
A-Z Title-Green
Sat on Shelves-Spring Green
Big Book-Cyan
Genre Most Read-Azure
Retelling-Blue
Even Chapters-Violet
Louisa Pick-Magenta
Word-Rose

Oh, yeah, this week is going to be tough. Both Master of One and Sky Without Stars are both on my N.E.W.T. TBR, which means they both have to be read on August 1st, so I won't get punished for them. And they're both other 500 pages long. Though I guess if I start one, that'll be good enough!

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!