Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 30 Review: A Good Girl's Guide to Murder

From Goodreads:
For readers of Kara Thomas and Karen McManus, an addictive, twisty crime thriller with shades of Serial and Making a Murderer about a closed local murder case that doesn't add up, and a girl who's determined to find the real killer--but not everyone wants her meddling in the past.

Everyone in Fairview knows the story.

Pretty and popular high school senior Andie Bell was murdered by her boyfriend, Sal Singh, who then killed himself. It was all anyone could talk about. And five years later, Pip sees how the tragedy still haunts her town.

But she can't shake the feeling that there was more to what happened that day. She knew Sal when she was a child, and he was always so kind to her. How could he possibly have been a killer?

Now a senior herself, Pip decides to reexamine the closed case for her final project, at first just to cast doubt on the original investigation. But soon she discovers a trail of dark secrets that might actually prove Sal innocent . . . and the line between past and present begins to blur. Someone in Fairview doesn't want Pip digging around for answers, and now her own life might be in danger.

This is the story of an investigation turned obsession, full of twists and turns and with an ending you'll never expect. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I mean, it's good a good amount of hype, and it sounded really great, so I just had to read this book! The whole synopsis was intriguing, I wanted to learn more about the mystery!

I really enjoyed the mixed media in this book, it's not as extreme as in other books, but we got the various interview transcriptions that Pip conducted. And a map or tow. So that was really fun and interesting to read!

This whole mystery, of what Andie's disappearance and presumed death, well, I was rooting for Pip to solve it, to prove Sal's innocence, even before we knew why Pip wanted him to be innocent. And I really enjoyed having Pip and Ravi investigate, it kinda felt like things came full circle.

Man, that ending! It was just so unexpected! I mean, there were so many red herrings, and it was just hard to tell which clue was actually going to be the one to be true. And of course, the story was more complicated than it seemed!

Yeah, this book was so fantastic, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

Author: Holly Jackson
Series: A Good Girl's Guide to Murder #1
Read: July 22nd, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: May 2nd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!