Saturday, January 9, 2021

Week 1 Reviews: Symbiont, Chimera


From Goodreads:
THE SECOND BOOK IN MIRA GRANT'S TERRIFYING PARASITOLOGY SERIES.

THE ENEMY IS INSIDE US.

The SymboGen designed tapeworms were created to relieve humanity of disease and sickness. But the implants in the majority of the world's population began attacking their hosts turning them into a ravenous horde.

Now those who do not appear to be afflicted are being gathered for quarantine as panic spreads, but Sal and her companions must discover how the tapeworms are taking over their hosts, what their eventual goal is, and how they can be stopped.

The final book in Mira Grant's terrifying Parasitology trilogy.

The outbreak has spread, tearing apart the foundations of society, as implanted tapeworms have turned their human hosts into a seemingly mindless mob.

Sal and her family are trapped between bad and worse, and must find a way to compromise between the two sides of their nature before the battle becomes large enough to destroy humanity, and everything that humanity has built...including the chimera.

The broken doors are closing. Can Sal make it home?

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these books, I had a great time reading this series. But I think the first book is my favourite. Because Sal doesn't know the answers, because the world hasn't fallen apart yet, and it's not dealing with moral questions like, who deserves to win, humans or tapeworms? Yeah.

Sal knows the truth now, she's a tapeworm in control of Sally's body, which is why she can't remember Sally's life-because Sally is dead, and Sal, the tapeworm, is in control. I really enjoyed watching Sal deal with all of this, from her relationships with other people like Nathan, as well as learning about how her unique modifications to fit Sally are now abilities that Sal can use. 

A big question in this book is who should win. Both sides have done wrong, from humans being the ones to willingly ingest tapeworms. To the tapeworms who didn't know what they were doing, and basically destroyed the brains that they could've taken over, but damaged too much.

I'm not sure if I liked or disliked how open the series ended. Things haven't all been resolved, Dr. Banks is still alive, unfortunately, which means he could cause problems in the future. As well as, the cousins are still around, though with what Sherman did, who knows how long they'll stay like that, and not become Chimeras like Juniper, but given how things ended, that's not likely. So there's a lot that was left unresolved. So I'm not sure if I liked it or not.

These were both such great reads, I enjoyed them so much, and I had an amazing time reading them!

Author: Mira Grant
Series: Parasitology #2, 3
Read: January 2nd, 2nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book was really great, and they're 2021 Dystopia Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! And Chimera is a End of Series 2021 Book!
Publisher: Orbit
Published: November 24th 2014, November 24th 2015 

Symbiont:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Chimera:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!