Saturday, January 2, 2021

Week 53 Review: What If It's Us

From Goodreads:
Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it's that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn't be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend's things.

But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?

Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.

Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.

But what if they can't quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?

What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesn't try hard enough?

What if life really isn't like a Broadway play?

But what if it is?

My Review:
I've enjoyed both Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera's books before, and I was really looking forward to their collaboration! And while this book came out a while ago, I'm glad I read it when I did, because the sequel just came out, so I can hop straight into it!

As a bystander, this was really hilarious to read. I mean, not so much to experience, to have this epic meet cute, but further interactions just go south? Rough, man, but so much fun to read! I had such a blast with this book!

If I had to guess from their previous works, if they each focused on a character, then Becky Albertalli did Arthur, and Adam Silvera did Ben, though I could totally be off base. Arthur is an optimist, and Ben is a bit of a grouch. And while that caused them troubles, it was great to read!

Knowing that it has a sequel, I'm really glad where things ended. It's not perfect, but it's not horrible either, a nice middle ground, and a decent stopping off point. But one where I'm glad that there's more so I can know what happens next! 

This was a really fun read, and I can't wait for more! 

Authors: Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
Series: What if It's Us #1
Read: December 30th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love their writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: October 9th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!