Saturday, January 2, 2021

Week 53 Review: Wildcard

From Goodreads:
All bets are off. This time the gamble is survival.

Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.

Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems—and his protection comes at a price.

Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves?

My Review:
Oh, I thoroughly loved reading this sequel! After that ending of Warcross, I had to know what was going to happen next, and boy was it an excellent read! I had such a great time being back in this world, and being with these characters and going on this journey!

With that those two pretty big reveals, Emika has to deal with both the algorithm, as well as Zero. I really enjoyed watching her get pulled into the Blackcoats group, what they added to this book was really great! I wasn't expecting that!

There was one big focus of this book-what happened to Sasuke as a child, who abducted him and started off this whole chain of events. And man, the reveals there, they just keep coming! They brought everything to a new and devastating light, and I loved it! 

That ending though? I loved all the twists and turns, after all the plans that were made, it turned out that not all information had been known, and wow, did things go for a wild ride! I loved how it all worked out, even if it was a bit bittersweet! 

This was a fantastic end to the duology, and I can't wait to see what Marie Lu writes next! 

Author: Marie Lu
Series: Warcross #2
Read: December 31st, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2020 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book, WoW Book and WTC Book!
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Published: September 18th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!