Saturday, May 7, 2022

Week 18 Review: Up to the Challenge

From Goodreads:
Meet Mongrel as she protects an injured "dog" from those seeking to kill him in Mongrel. Fly through space with Sergeant Harris on a mission to defuse a bomb in Godzilla Warfare. Discover why fencing phenom Ava's new and famous coach keeps wooden swords in his equipment closet in Sword Point. Follow Gwen, an exiled Fae princess, as she searches for her missing sister in Lost & Found, INC. 

My Review:
This was such a great collection of stories! I loved exploring these worlds (and I'm glad that we got to see the sci fi world with Mother Earth and Pilot Leo twice, as well as Mongrel getting a sequel!) and these stories of characters who have challenges-and are facing them! 

The story Halloween Men was a horror story, and I knew that going in. But it was the ending that was most horrifying. I'm just going to imagine that they overthrow them, she snips off the mask, and Enzo accepts her with the scars, because otherwise...I don't want to imagine!

The story The Coldest Game was hard to read. She was asked to lie and she did-and it cost an innocent dog their life. And that hurts. And since I couldn't tell if it was a shelter dog, or someone's pet that got free, that doesn't feel good. Jax, I love him, but he's reactive, and he'd be put down if he bit someone outside the family. So to have this dog that doesn't deserve it, be put down, that was a hard part of the story. 

Lost and Found, I loved that story, though it sucks that neither version got published initially, I'm glad that we got it in this collection! I prefer the romance ending, though I wish a bit of the original ending was mixed it, with her having tea with the neighbour. The original ending was just sad, must preferred the romance ending! 

If we get a full length story from the Berserker Eyes world, I would be pretty happy. After all, in the authors notes, it said that there was a story there, but that the market had moved on from dystopia. But I don't care, it was so interesting to read, and I want to explore more! 

Loved reading this collection of stories, they were such great reads!

Author: Maria V. Snyder 
Read: April 30th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and its a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Maria V. Snyder 
Published: April 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!