Saturday, May 7, 2022

Week 18 Review: Scan

From Goodreads:
A riveting, fast-paced adventure, Scan is a clever alien thriller with muscle and heart.

Tate and his father don't exactly get along. As Tate sees it, his father has unreasonably high expectations for Tate to be the best—at everything. Tate finally learns what he's being prepared for when he steals one of his dad's odd tech inventions and mercenaries ambush the school, killing his father in the process and sending Tate on the run from aliens who look just like humans. 

Even with all he knows like how to defend himself with useful tools made out of bubblegum, Tate fears he's still inadequate.  With the help of his girlfriend and estranged mother, all Tate can really do is keep moving and ensure his father's invention stays out of the hands of his pursuers and that his father didn't die in vain. 

My Review:
Oh, this was such a fun and action packed book! I really enjoyed reading Tate's story, learning about this world, and the secrets that his father was keeping. I couldn't put it down, and it was just so high stakes, high tension, and so easy to read! 

This was a such a great sci fi thriller! It was so fast paced and there was always something going on, some action scene, or some reveal or twist, and it kept me on the edge of my seat! I had to keep reading and find out what was going to happen next! 

The fact that it was hard to trust basically anyone around them, because Tate's father' device was very useful, was a pretty intense situation. He does have some training because his dad saw something like this coming, but that's not quite the same as lived experience. Well, he gains that experience in this book! 

I'm really excited that this is a series, because there's so many places that it can go. What with the aliens and such, there's just so many possibilities! I can't wait to spend that time with Tate, and what his future adventures will look like! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

Authors: Walter Jury and Sarah Fine 
Series: Scan #1
Read: April 30th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Speak
Published: December 9th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!