Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: The Demon Tide

From Goodreads:
Nothing can stop the demon tide....

Newly exposed as the Black Witch of Prophecy, Elloren Gardner Grey is on the run, not knowing if she'll find friends or foes. With her fastmate, Lukas Grey, either dead or in the hands of High Mage Marcus Vogel, Elloren knows the only chance of turning the tide of the coming war is to seek allies who will listen long enough not to kill her on sight.

In the Eastern Realm, Water Fae Tierney Calix and Elloren's brother Trystan have joined the Wyvernguard to prepare for Vogel's attack. But Trystan is fighting on two fronts, as the most despised and least trusted member of the guard. And Tierney's bond with Erthia's most powerful river has exposed a danger even more terrifying than the looming war.

The Black Witch is back, and the Prophecy is at hand. It's time to fight. But Vogel has one more earth-shattering revelation for them all.

My Review:
I knew that I was going to love this book, I'm obsessed with this series, the world and these characters are so captivating, and I just have to know what happens next! It was so brilliant to read! I loved seeing more of this world, and the increasingly higher stakes that this war is presenting! 

The thing that frustrates me to no end, is that even the so called good guys from the East, judge people in where they're from, not who they are. To the point where they the very similar to the Gardnerians and Alfsigr. The cycle of pain just continues, and they don't even realize why. I just want to shake them!

Like, at one point a character is told that if they aligned with a Gardnerian-one that was on their side-then they'd be hated just as much, and that that hate would be deserved. The don't care that it's the same prejudice that the leadership of the Gardnerians are spewing, that was spewed at the Gardnerians before. This blind hate is destructive and needs to be eliminated! 

One question that I had was about Wrenfir. He was Tessla's brother, but he wasn't mentioned in the main series. Well, now we find out, as well as Fain, and a few family members that they didn't know about, which just makes their meeting all the more poignant! 

There's two parts of this book that I really love. First is that scene were all the allies come together, that was fantastic. The other was all these various love days that they were having, this one day before the go off to battle, and all these couples who were set up previously, it was great to watch them take their shots! 

And that ending? Oh man, that was epic and heartbreaking! I'm hoping that they're wrong about Lukas, I don't want what they believe to be true. And all that stuff at the end, yeah, I'm so excited to see how it all plays out! 

Loved reading this book, and now I’m dying for book 5! I can’t take much more of this, I need to know how it’s all going to end!

Author: Laurie Forest 
Series: The Black Witch #4
Read: December 2nd, 2022
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: March 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!