Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: Ghosts & Garlands

From Goodreads:
Victorian novelist Miranda Hastings is in London for a modern-day Christmas with the man she loves, and they want to see everything. Luckily, they have friends who are going to make sure they get their wish. They're sent on a whirlwind holiday adventure, following their friends' mysterious messages…until an encounter with a ghost who was part of an infamous gang of highwaymen. Murder, mystery, and a ghost in need? Now that’s Miranda's idea of a holiday treat.

My Review:
Oh man, I loved reading this story! I love this series and Kelley Armstrong's writing so much, these holiday stories after the main story, that give hints and introductions to the next book in the series is so great! And we got to see Miranda and Nico in the present!

Miranda's adventure started off because she wanted to go to the future like her sister did, but ended up going to the past. Now we finally see her in the present, with Nico, and I really enjoyed their holiday story!

I love the idea that everybody came up with a series of places for these two to go to, to go on an adventure to explore modern day London. There were some really touching moments, like going to the shop that Rosalind ran before she married August! 

Of course this book introduced the idea of the next book, I believe it's Portia's, with Highwaymen, with the side quest that the pair go on. I can't wait to see how her story is going to unfold, and with whom she'll fall in love with! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for the next book in the series! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: A Stitch in Time #3.5
Read: December 1st, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Kla Fricke Inc
Published: November 15th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!