Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: No Accident

From Goodreads:
No matter how you try to hide it, the truth will always come out . . .

After a plane crash sees a group of seven teens washed up on a desert island, their first thought is survival. But a terrible secret from a party the night before has followed them ashore. Facing deadly threats and the fear of being stranded forever, they quickly discover that being the most popular kid in High School doesn't help when you're fighting to stay alive. As the island deals each of them a dangerous blow, it's clear that someone is looking for justice. Now survival depends on facing the truth about that party: who was hurt that night, and who let it happen?

From multi-award-winning author and gender equality activist, Laura Bates, this thought-provoking drama will start an important conversation and keep you guessing to the end. 

My Review:
Oh, this was a compelling read! I enjoyed her other book, but I enjoyed this one more, with the thriller element that they crashed on this deserted island, and that something seems to be targeting them. I just wanted to know what was going on!

This was a really fast paced read, and a lot happens in a short amount of time while they try to survive. The mystery of what was going on and why, I needed to know! It was hard to know who to trust, because while they're in this dangerous situation, some truths are kept secret for a reason, no matter how bad. 

The night before they left on the plane, there was a party. Something happened at that part, that is caused all these incidents now on the island. Finding out what happened out though? That's going to be difficult, because it's football players and cheerleaders, and football players get away with a lot of harm.

I really enjoyed watching everything play out, though it was pretty infuriating! When we finally got the truth, it was pretty satisfying to finally get it out there. Gender equality should be a thing, and sexual assault should not and the events in this book are a big reason why. 

I had a great time reading this book and I can't wait to read more by Laura Bates! 

Author: Laura Bates
Read: November 29th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: December 16th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!