Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: Zomburbia

From Goodreads:
Lifeless. Slow-moving. Brain-dead.
Welcome To Zomburbia.

My name is Courtney Hart, and I'm here to tell you about things that suck. Being born in a podunk town like Salem, Oregon, for one. Living in a world infested with zombies? That, too. And the meat heads I go to school with? I think I'd actually take the undead over them most days. But I have a plan to get out of here and move to New York. I just have to keep selling Vitamin Z along with your fries at The Bully Burger. The secret ingredient? Zombie brains.

I've noticed things are getting even worse lately, if that's even possible. The zombies seem to be getting smarter and faster. If I can avoid being arrested, eaten by shufflers, or catching the eye of some stupid boy, I should be able to make it through finals week still breathing. . .

My Review:
This was a really fantastic read! I was interested to see what kind of zombies would be in this world, and how that would go down, and yeah, it was a really interesting take, that life goes on, but with fences and guns to protect against the zombies. 

This was a really fun read, the author's writing style was filled with humour, and it had me reading this book so easily! There wasn't a lot of horror, there were some zombie attacks, of course, but nothing to terrifying. And that was a great choice for this book! 

The fact that Courtney is setting Vitamin Z, which is made out of zombie brains, yeah, that was icky. I mainly wanted to know why she was doing it, what benefits it was supposed to bring. Because that's cannibalism, and it's usually the opposite of zombies eating our brains. 

I had a great time following Courtney through her life, her dream of living in NYCc, and dealing with living in a small town, dealing with things like her father starting a new romantic relationship. But there was also the rising threat that the zombies were posing that I had to know more about! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue on in the series! 

Author: Adam Gallardo
Series: Zombie Apocalypse #1
Read: November 29th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Published: August 26th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!