Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: The Song That Moves the Sun

From Goodreads:
This sweeping YA fantasy romance full of star-crossed love, complex female friendship, and astrological magic is perfect for fans of Laini Taylor, Alexandra Bracken, and V.E. Schwab. From the acclaimed author of The Beholder.

Best friends Rora and Claudia have never felt more like their lives are spiraling out of control. And when they meet Major and Amir--two boys from one of the secret cities of the spheres, ruled by the magic of the astrological signs--they discover they're not alone. There is a disruption in the harmony between the spheres, and its chaos is spreading.

To find the source of the disharmony, Rora and Claudia will embark on a whirlwind journey of secrets, romance, and powerful truths--about themselves, each other, and two long-ago explorers named Dante and Beatrice, who were among the first to chart this course toward the stars.

Inspired partly by the classic works of Dante Alighieri, this gorgeous stand-alone contemporary fantasy will captivate readers of Lore and Star Daughter. 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I've enjoyed her other books, but this was a stand alone in a new world, and I couldn't wait to meeting these characters and see what their situation was like. And oh, was it a captivating read! 

I've never read anything by Dante Alighieri, and I almost certainly never will, I'm not good with classics. But books about him and his works? That, I've done and will do again. The role that it plays in this book was really great! 

I loved the friendship between Rora and Claudia. They've been dealing with a lot, but they're still close, and helping each other through everything. And they need that for this adventure, and I really enjoyed reading about them! 

The way that book was told, with the past and these historical figures exploring the spheres, and the present with Rora and Claudia dealing with the disruption with the spheres. The dual timeline worked really well to give us this information! 

This was a really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read more by Anna Bright! 

Author: Anna Bright
Read: November 27th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 28th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!