Saturday, December 3, 2022

Week 48 Review: Lock the Door

From Goodreads:
A brand new addictive, twisty thriller from the author of ARE YOU WATCHING? for fans of Karen McManus, Holly Jackson and Lisa Jewell.

LOCK EVERY DOOR

Tom's family have moved into their dream home. But pretty soon he starts to notice that something is very wrong - there are strange messages written on the wall and locks on the bedroom doors. On the OUTSIDE.

The previous owners have moved just across the road and they seem like the perfect family. Their daughter Amy is beautiful and enigmatic but Tom is sure she's got something to hide. And he isn't going to stop until he finds the truth behind those locked doors. . .

Will their dream home become a nightmare?

My Review:
I had a great time reading this thriller! I enjoyed his other one, and this one sounded creepy and interesting, and it was! I really enjoyed watching Tom deal with this house that had locks on the bedrooms for keeping people in-and getting to know the previous inhabitants of the house!

Just like Vincent Ralph's first book, this has a bunch of very short chapters. Which are really easy to read, and has you turning the page quickly to know what was going to happen next in the mystery, and were just so compelling! 

Tom most likely has some compulsive disorder, he checks the locks and has a routine that he has to do to settle down for the night. He notices details-like the lock on the bedroom door being on the outside. And when the family that used to live in their house moves into the house across the street, and the oldest girl goes to his school, well, he has to investigate.

I had an idea of where the story could go. But oh, I didn't expect the direction that it went in! That was really clever, and I really enjoyed watching it play out! It's understandable, how it worked out, though it was a little bit sad, not only the pain that they went through, but that was how it was ending. But it was a great ending! 

This was a really great mystery, and I can't wait to read more by Vincent Ralph! 

Author: Vincent Ralph
Read: November 27th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: March 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!