Saturday, December 9, 2023

Week 49 Review: Blades of Furry

From Goodreads:
Emile is an up-and-coming skater in the beloved sport of Skate Battles, a high-stakes combo of figure skating and martial arts. Radu is a well-known senior skater and several time champ with the world at his feet. However, during an ill-fated match between the two, Emile discovers Radu's secret, which could threaten to destroy him. Will Emile keep his secret? Or could this rivalry turn into something more...?

My Review:
Oh, I had a really fantastic time reading this webtoon! About these two competitors in Skate Battle, which is exactly like it sounds-who face off, have an incident, and start to spend time together-and fall in love. It was so cute and adorable!

Emile's favourite competitor is Radu. And when injuries make it so that they face off, well, he's nervous, because he's a huge fan of Radu, but this is Emile's first round playing as a pro. So yeah, they have a pretty rough start, but oh, it was so delightful to see their interactions! 

I just loved the supporting characters! Sal and Hana, Mimi, and the coaches, but especially Iacob, who just wants the best for Radu, even pretending he doesn't know that they're together, it was so cute! This cast of characters was so delightful to read about! 

I really hope that the series continues on shortly! What with the threat that we know Sue poses, what with bringing Radu's brother to the series-which almost certainly will out Radu as a vampire. Not to mention the idea of their romance getting out. I need to see these future conflicts resolved! It's not good for my nerves! 

Loved reading this, and I can't wait to read more! 

Authors: Deya Muniz and Emily Erdos
Series: Blades of Furry
Read: December 2nd, 2023
Source: Webtoon
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Webtoon
Published: December 20th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!