Saturday, December 9, 2023

Week 49 Review: Tempting the Player

From Goodreads:
Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with . . . and that's the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad's manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multimillion-dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn't just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn't easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together . . . or in love.

My Review:
Oh, this was such a great read! I loved the first book, and I'm so glad that I've finally continued on! I loved Chad and Bridget together, they were such a great couple, and the circumstances of them getting together was a pretty memorable story! 

The fact that Bridget was blackmailed into going along with the fake dating...yeah, not the best move, but it did do its job. And given that they do end up together, maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed in the moment. It could've gone really wrong, but it didn't, and I'm glad! 

The fact that she works for Maddie, and Maddie and Chase are in that that committed relationship stage, and that brings Bridget and Chase back together after their chance first encounter...that was just fantastic! The connections, man, weaving this series together! Love it! 

Reading about the pair of them, as part of efforts to rehabilitate his image, yeah, I couldn't get enough! They were so great together, they had a great chemistry and were just so entertaining to read about together! Of course they had their problems, but that is absolutely human. Just loved having them together, and how things wrapped up! 

I just loved reading this book, and I'm so excited for the final book-said meddling publicist and Chad's brother? I can't wait! 

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout  
Series: Gamble Brothers #2
Read: December 6th, 2023
Source: Audible 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Tantor Media
Published: October 20th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!