Saturday, July 4, 2015

Week 27 Review: Shades of Earth

From Goodreads:
Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.

My first review of Shades of Earth
My Review:
Yeah, reading this book was just fantastic! I loved it the first time, and then I just had to read it! I really wanted to read it right after A Million Suns, but I made myself wait, so the anticipation would build! Because it's a truly fantastic book!

That they finally get to the planet, it's like, finally! They're there! And more things can happy! Yeah! Which is pretty fun to read about, even though there were some hard things going on. In the end, I think it was rather worth it!

I had forgotten all the little bits, like how the Hybrids kidnapped the people for Phydus, though I don't get why they'd do that, since their planet is where it came from...and their actions were totally awful, they didn't ask, they just assumed, and were just violent! Not fun! Especially Chris! Loved how Amy shut him down in the end!

I just loved Amy's rebelliousness! The Chris thing, and then with Chairman Li, both of whom deserved it, and I just kinda wish that she'd told them off more! They could use it, the both of them! Because through this series, she's lost so much. But in the end, she won, yeah!

One thing that I'm wondering about, is the fact that the base had the connections to the cameras on Godspeed. So when the Plague Eldest didn't land, why didn't the FRX do something about it, since they were still coming/living on the planet? Because it counters the believe that when the ship arrived, it was quite, so they thought they died out, when we know that they were boarded when they arrived! I wants an explanation, because either I missed it, or it's not there...

Favourite line: "'I guess we will have to smash it,' Bartie says in mock reluctance. 'Such a shame.' I comment. 'It's a great work of art.' I nod sagely. 'It's a sacrifice we'll have to make.' Bartie's smile cracks through hi's false sincerity. 'Come on!'" Yeah, putting the Plague Eldest statue in the grav tube is great fun!

Such a great, utterly fantastic book! Loved it so much, and now to read The Body Electric! Can't wait!

Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #3
First Read: February 27th, 2013
Read: July 1st, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, End of Series 2015 Book, and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 15th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!