Saturday, July 18, 2015

Week 29 Review: Until the Beginning

From Goodreads:
When Juneau's clan disappeared, she lost so much more than her friends and family. She soon discovered everything she thought she knew about her life was a lie. Her people's gifts were actually secret abilities that others wanted, desperately enough to kidnap an entire village.

Juneau and her new companion Miles's cross-country journey to find her clan has led them to a game preserve in New Mexico. Now Juneau's people are finally within reach, and she will stop at nothing to save them. But she has a target on her back too, because unbeknownst to her she is the key to unlocking everything. To rescue her people - and herself - Juneau must discover what she, and her abilities, are truly capable of.

My Review:
This was such a great book! Such a great sequel-and end to the series! And while we only got these two books to get to know these characters, I'm going to miss them, they were so great to read about, and their adventures were really great to read about!

What I really loved about this cover, besides the style stuff from the last book, making it in a series that's connected, and the colours, is something that I noticed after I read the book. And that's the bird on the cover, Poe. Such a nice detail!

That beginning! That was so great, seeing that the ending was so cliffhanger-y! And that this book picked up right after that? That was so great, getting back into things, without missing anything! Loved that a lot!

This is the book that is all about rescuing her clan. And that goes pretty well, being that it's a book and all! So yeah, I enjoyed everything that was going on there, from learning more about the gift, and that big battle, and the realizations, it was just so fantastic! And such a great ending! How Miles knew her enough to know what they'd be doing, was so great! Loved it, and those things!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just so great, and I can't wait to read more by Amy Plum!

Author: Amy Plum
Series: After the End #2
Read: July 15th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a End of Series 2015 Book, a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book, and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 5th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!