Saturday, July 25, 2015

Week 30 Review: The Escape

From Goodreads:
When two boys walk into the woods, and one comes out covered in blood, what would you believe?

Fletcher and Adam venture into the woods for an afternoon hike, but when day turns into night and neither boy returns, their town is thrown into turmoil. Avery, the detective's daughter, is the one to find Fletcher—dishelved, disoriented, and covered in blood. He has no memory of what happened, but Avery can't shake the feeling that something's off. When Adam's body is finally found, Avery is determined to uncover the truth. But if she stands by her gut, and Fletcher, is she standing by a friend, or a murderer? The answer might cost her her life. 

My Review:
This was such a great book! So interesting, and such a great mystery, and just more proof that Hannah Jayne is a really fantastic author-an author that I really need to read more of, like, all of her books more of!

I really enjoyed the back and forth narration of Avery and Fletcher, they were really interesting to read about! Avery, who lost her mom to a car accident and who's dad is the chief of police. Fletcher, who went through this whole thing. So great!

The mystery was pretty awesome! I actually read the ending, so I knew what was going on, so while I was reading it, I found the clues that lead to that ending, and man, they were there, and they were small, and they were so great!

That ending, oh! It was kinda sad, that that was the way that things turned out. It's not a really happy ending, they caught the bad guy, but who the bad guy was? Yeah, that who situation was sad! And pretty horrible for everyone to go through!

Such a fantastic book-I enjoyed it so, so much!

Author: Hannah Jayne
Read: July 21st, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I loved her other books! And it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: July 7th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!