Saturday, July 18, 2015

Week 29 Review: Deadfall

From Goodreads:
In the compelling sequel to Blackbird, Anna Carey delivers a gritty and adrenaline-filled story of a girl desperate to escape her mysterious and terrifying assailants. Told in second person, this heart-pounding thriller puts the reader in front of the target.

A week ago, you woke up in Los Angeles with no memory of who you are. The only thing you knew: people are trying to kill you. You put your trust in Ben, but he betrayed you and broke your heart. Now you've escaped to New York City with a boy named Rafe, who says he remembers you from before. But the two of you are not safe. The same people who are after you are tailing Rafe as well. As the chase heats up, your memory starts to return, but your past cannot save you from the terrifying circumstances of your present, or the fact that one wrong move could end this game forever. 

With enemies on every side, and not a reprieve in sight, Deadfall will grab readers and refuse to let go. Perfect for fans of the Maze Runner series and the Legend series.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a ton! It was so great to read (though it's kinda funny, that this is the second book this week that I've read from Harper Teen that's a sequel in the series, but also the end of the series, the series being duology's!

This book picked up right away after the ending of Blackbird, which was so great, because I wanted to know more about this guy that was with her on the island. And while I didn't like Rafe as much, that didn't matter!

I really enjoyed how Ben was also in this book, and we really find out why he was working for the bad guys, because man, it wasn't really his fault, it was just kinda sucked into it, which sucks, but not totally his fault!

That ending! After everything that was going on, all the action, the twists and turns, that they won in the end, and that she was going back to her family, yeah, that was a pretty satisfying, though bittersweet ending-they won, but so many lives were lost since the whole thing started!

This was such a great, fantastic, wonderful book, and I can't wait to read more by Anna Carey!

Author: Anna Carey
Series: Blackbird Duology #2
Read: July 17th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: I really enjoyed the first book, and it's a End of Series 2015 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 16th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!