Saturday, July 11, 2015

Week 28 Review: Lock & Mori

From Goodreads:
FACT: Someone has been murdered in London's Regent's Park. The police have no leads.

FACT: Miss James "Mori" Moriarty and Sherlock "Lock" Holmes should be hitting the books on a school night. Instead, they are out crashing a crime scene.

FACT: Lock has challenged Mori to solve the case before he does. Challenge accepted.

FACT: Despite agreeing to Lock's one rule—they must share every clue with each other—Mori is keeping secrets.

OBSERVATION: Sometimes you can't trust the people closest to you with matters of the heart. And after this case, Mori may never trust Lock again.

My Review:
Reading this book was just so fantastic! I enjoyed it so, so much! I haven't really read any Sherlock books, the originals, or retellings, though I've seen some tv shows and movies! But the fact that it's modern day, teenagers, with Mori being a girl? That is a awesome take!

I had a big headache the day that I read this book, and the fact that I pushed through this book to read it, well, yeah, that's a pretty big thing, seeing as it was the worst kind of headache that I could get. Which just proves how awesome this book was for me!

The mystery, of who was doing the killing, the case/game that Lock and Mori take on, and the reason why the synopsis has things like the last fact, and the observation, yeah, that was just so clever and so awesome to read!

I saw a comment that in this book, they could see Mori becoming the enemy of Sherlock from the original. I can see that, too. The events of this book, what she went through, and just who she is without all that...yeah, I can see that. Made reading this book all that more!

Favourite lines: "At last, I gave up and took to pacing behind the backdrop curtain, until I spotted a rodent type animal that looked at me in a rather threatening way as I neared it. I tried glaring back, but it stood its ground until I was obviously forced to spin around and flee with my life. Rodents. Horrible, pointless things." Oh, yes, flee for your life from a rodent! "As payback for this inner treachery, I made him struggle for almost a full minute with trying to remove his ID and money from his wallet one-handed before letting go of his hand, a thought that clearly hadn't occurred to him." Oh, this is just so cute! "She ran off toward the stairs up to the literature section. At least, that's where I assumed she was going. Sadie managed to find fiction in every building where there were books.
Or magazines. Or words." I hope I have this gift! It sounds awesome! "'Heaven, Mori. When I die, this place will be transported right up into the clouds, so I can flit about the stacks for hours on end, reading into eternity.' 'You'll run out of books.' 'You take that back, Moriarty. Like you mean
it.' 'Eternity is a long time.' 'You think there'll be no writers in Heaven to make me new books?' 'None of the good ones.'" Well, that sucks! "Yes, I supposed we were dating. No, he was not my boyfriend.
No, I had not ingested any of his basement experiments that might possibly have been a love potion. No, I did not believe in love potions. The park is where we met. No, I would not take her to the exact spot so she could check it for our 'love vibe.' And, finally, yes, he was a decent enough kisser, and no, I would not tell her every detail of every kiss." Ah, the barrage of questions! Love!

Such an utterly fantastic book-I enjoyed it so much! The wait for the sequel is going to be evil!

Author: Heather W. Petty
Series: Lock & Mori #1
Read: July 4th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded so good, and yeah, it's a DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and it's going to be a WoW book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Book for Young Readers
Expected Publication: September 15th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!