Saturday, July 25, 2015

Week 30 Review: The Stars Never Rise

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?

Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! I wasn't planning on reading it, but then I saw it on my list of recently added to my nook books when I was looking for something to read, and I thought, yeah, I should read this. And I'm so glad that I did, because this was such a fantastic book!

One thing about me, is that I get anxious energy over unfairness. Which this book had in spades, which means that I was basically bouncing off the walls, because there was so much that was wrong in this world, and there was nothing I could do about it!

I really enjoyed Nina! She was so practical, like the line in the synopsis of her priorities of her immortal soul and survival. It made it stronger, I think, and better equipped to deal with everything that happened in this book!

And oh, did things happen in this book! So many twists and turns, like Finn, like the Church! I enjoyed reading all of that so much! And that there's the seeds for the next book, the demons that want to kill off humans, well, I can't wait to read about that!

This was just such a fantastic book, and now I really can't wait for The Flame Never Dies, it's going to be so fantastic!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: The Stars Never Rise #1
Read: July 23rd, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Because it's a Rachel Vincent Book! And it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: June 9th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I love this book and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next book either. I absolutely adore Finn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a great and awesome book! Finn was just the best, and I want to know more about him!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!