Saturday, July 4, 2020

Week 27 Review: Cut Off

From Goodreads:
Warcross meets Lost in this haunting young adult sci-fi thriller in which teens compete to survive in the wilderness for one million dollars on a new virtual reality show. When something goes horribly wrong and the contestants realize no one is coming to save them, they must question their very reality—and how much of the game is really for show.

Each contestant has their own reasons—and their own secrets—for joining the new virtual reality show CUT/OFF that places a group of teenagers alone in the wilderness. It's a simple premise: whoever lasts the longest without "tapping out" wins a cash prize. Not only that, new software creates a totally unprecedented television experience, allowing viewers to touch, see, and live everything along with the contestants. But what happens when "tapping out" doesn't work and no one comes to save you? What happens when the whole world seemingly disappears while you're stranded in the wild? Four teenagers must confront their greatest fears, their deepest secrets, and one another when they discover they are truly cut off from reality. Sci-fi, mystery, and romance converge in this high-stakes, fast-paced read that will leave you guessing to the very last moment.

My Review:
Yeah, this was a really awesome book! I wasn't expecting where it was going, but it was such a thrill ride, I couldn't put it down, it was just incredible to read! The concept of teens surviving on their own in the wilderness for a TV show, and having that option to experience it like you're that teen, well, that's pretty interesting. Of course things go sideways!

I really enjoyed reading about these characters, they all had their reasons for being on the show, and while our two main characters are loners, well, sticking together as a group pretty much from the start of the book is a good idea, given the circumstances! I really enjoyed their interactions

Once we got to about a third of the way it, I wondered where this book was going, because it wasn't what I was thinking. And yeah, what happened was pretty unexpected. And it kept going, I just had to see how it was all going to end!

That ending! Man, it explained things, but it was a ticking time bomb and they knew it. I just couldn't put this down, I had to see how they were going to solve this, how they were going to survive this. It was just so great to read!

This was such a great book, I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Adrianne Finlay
Read: June 28th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2020 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
Expected Publication: August 1st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!