Saturday, July 11, 2020

Week 28 Review: City of Bones

From Goodreads:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 

My first reveiw of City of Bones
My Review:
I really enjoyed rereading this book! It's been just under 7 years since I last read it, and what with the new release of Chain of Iron, well, I had to reread the Infernal Devices series, which mean that I might as well reread all the books in this world, and it all starts with this book!

Knowing all the ups and downs the Clary and Jace are going to face-that they've started to in this book, with the reveal that Jace is Valentine's son, making them siblings. Knowing the truth, well, I'm enjoying watching them struggle!

This was our introduction to the world of Shadowhunters. Everything that happened after, happened because of this book. Well, technically Infernal Devices happened earlier, as well as The Last Hours, but those books wouldn't have happened without this one. I loved getting to start over, picking up on the little details, like knowing the history of Isabella's necklace.

I know how things are going to end. I forgot the little details, like how Luke acted like he didn't care about Clary and Jocelyn. I forgot about the portals, one in Madame Dorothea's place, and the other in New York, because I don't think they're used after this book.

Loved reading this book, it was fantastic, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1, Shadowhunter Chronicles 
First Read: 2008
Second Read: August 28th, 2013
Read: July 5th, 2020
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: March 27th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!