Saturday, December 12, 2020

Week 50 Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox

From Goodreads:
Everything is different

Seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox has just awoken from a year-long coma - so she's been told - and she is still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. But what happened before that? She's been given home movies chronicling her entire life, which spark memories to surface. But are the memories really hers? And why won't anyone in her family talk about the accident? Jenna is becoming more curious. But she is also afraid of what she might find out if she ever gets up the courage to ask her questions.

What happened to Jenna Fox? And who is she really? 

My first reveiw of The Adoration of Jenna Fox
My Review
This was a really great read. It's so quick and easy, and knowing what was going on, it was really great to reread it. I didn't remember it all, there were some reveals that I'd completely forgotten. So it was really great to reread this book, and I really need to continue the series! I still have to read the final book!

Knowing going in that Jenna died, that this is now a created body for her, I just wanted to watch her journey again. Because there's strange quirks, like she can only have this special liquid diet. That she has a base knowledge, but no memories of her past before she woke up. So that was really great to read! 

Then there was mystery about what happened, and where her friends are. And when we find out, I was a little upset with Jenna, what decisions she was making or putting off, what she was doing, or not doing as the case may be. But in the end, she did do the right thing! 

I really enjoyed how it ended, that final chapter was a bit bittersweet, because of all that loss, and her plan for the future. I do wish that it had been a tad longer, that the incident with the one classmate had been expanded. I don't think that he would've left it alone after having being disgraced like that, I think he would've continued to go after Jenna in some way, and I would've loved to see that! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue, and to finally, finish this series! 

Author: Mary E. Pearson
Series: Jenna Fox Chronicles #1
First Read: July 28th-29th, 2011
Read: December 6th, 2020
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Published: April 29th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!