Saturday, December 26, 2020

Week 52 Review: Prince of Forever

From Goodreads:
When Santa Fe antique dealer Julie Anderson was curiously drawn to purchase a battered jewelry box, she never expected it to contain her own personal love slave. Especially not tall, dark and sinfully handsome Tristan-a man hard to resist, and determined to fulfill her every desire.
Though Tristan was a rogue of the battlefield and the boudoir, making love with Julia was like nothing he'd ever known. Yet revealing his true heart would break the centuries-old spell and separate them forever. And Tristan would do anything to go on loving Julia. . .even remain a slave through all eternity. . .

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I've read the original twice now, but this time, I had to read the updated version, which wasn't too too different, but it has been changed. Though it has been a long time since I last read The Pleasure Slave, so I wasn't quite sure what and how much was changed.

Loved being in this world of Imperia again (I'm really hoping that having revamped these two books, spending that time in the world again, that we could get sequels, which would be excellent) and dealing with another warrior finding love with a Earth woman, was amazing. Just a great read! 

The relationship between these two was really wonderful-he someone who is supposed to find his true love so he can break his curse, but who has basically given up on it. And her, with her thoughts on love and romance pretty shattered. Which gave them plenty of conflict to work through! 

Even knowing that things would work out for them, I was still on the edge of my seat, I wanted to know how it would work, the journey is the most important part for a story. And it was just wonderful to go on this journey with them! That ending was just so great! 

I just really loved reading this book, it's a Gena Showalter book, of course I did, and I would love it if we could have more!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Imperia #2
Read: December 25th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and I need to read this updated version! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book! 
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: June 15th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!