Sunday, December 27, 2020

Wheel of TBR #31, December 27th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book.

Of the books from the last week, I read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and That Night by Amy Giles.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano, I have Cursed by Thomas Wheeler, Parasite by Mira Grant, Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi, left.

For the rewards, and I have 0(+1)/4 needed for the next reward, and I made it to the next reward, so I have 3 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
Restart the Series, A-Z Start Author, Louisa Pick, One Word Title.

Restart the Series-Azure-Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst-This is a series that I'm restarting, so it works! 

A-Z Start Author-Chartreuse-M-The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

Louisa Pick-Rose-Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds-I just bought this book, which I did get as an ARC, and it's on my Taylor Swift Playlistathon, so I need to read it! 

Extra Spin for Chartreuse-One Word Title-Yellow-Brambles by Intisar Khanani-This is one word, so it's easy to fit it! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0 
Orange: 2
Yellow: 2
Chartreuse: 4
Green: 3
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 2
Azure: 2
Blue: 1
Violet: 3
Magneta: 4
Rose: 2

Prompts for Next Week:
Even Chapters-Red
A-Z End Title-Orange
Hype-Yellow
Buddy Read-Chartreuse
Stand Alone-Green
ARC-NetGalley-Spring Green
Goodreads Recommends-Cyan
Jax Pick-Azure
Shelf-Blue
For Fans Of-Violet
End the Series-Magenta
#Bookstagram-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!