Saturday, December 19, 2020

Week 51 Review: Tempting the Best Man

From Goodreads:
Madison Daniels has worshiped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky '70s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...

My Review:
This book was just so great to read! And it was so easy to read, it's under 200 pages long. And the relationship between Madison and Chase is on fire, and was just so easy to devour, which I did, because it was fantastic!

I loved reading about these two. They have an attraction to each other that is just on point, but because it's denied, it's pretty dangerous, both for themselves and for others, who get caught in the crossfire. So much snark and verbal battles! So fantastic! 

I felt bad for the both of them. Chase doesn't think that he's worthy of Madison, but can't stay away. And Madison has it rough because of the rejections he's given her because of said worthiness. But it's not like she knows why he's rejecting her. So that's tough. 

I'm really excited for the sequels. This series is about the Gamble Brothers, who we did meet in this book, and I can't wait to see the other two brothers find their happiness's! Because this was another fantastic book by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I can't wait to read more! 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Gamble Brothers #1
Read: December 18th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book! 
Publisher: Indulgence (Entangled)
Published: April 23rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!