Monday, December 7, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #496, December 7th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #495
Teaser Tuesday #503
WWW Wednesday #503
WOW #499
Will the Time Come #496
Third Sentence Thursday #486
Random Reads #472
First Lines Friday #499
Book Blogger Hop #165
The Reward Challenge Update #481
Wheel of TBR #28
How Well I Stuck to It #333
Wrote that Review Update #330

Week 49 Reviews:
The Summer Set
Oathbringer

Next to be Published November: 

Clear Your S**t Readathon: 

Taylor Swift Playlistathon: 

Reindeer Readathon:

Random:

OK, so I got 55 posts in 7 days, and it was a pretty great week, I read a lot, and again got to post about it a lot, so I had a good time, and I can't wait for next week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read The Adoration of Jenna Fox, City of Glass, Defending the Galaxy, Every Single Lie.

Year 2522. Oh. My. Stars.

Junior Officer Ara Lawrence here, reporting for duty. Again. It's situation critical for the security team and everyone in the base - including my parents - with a new attack from the looters imminent, a possible galaxy-wide crime conspiracy and an unstoppable alien threat. But this all pales in the face of my mind-blowing discovery about the Q-net. Of course, no one believes me. I'm not sure I believe me. It could just be a stress-induced delusion. That's what my parents seem to believe...

Their concern for me is hampering my ability to do my job. I know they love me, but with the Q-net in my corner, I'm the only one who can help the security team beat the shadowy aliens from the pits we discovered. We're holding them at bay, for now, but the entire Milky Way Galaxy is in danger of being overrun.

With battles on too many fronts, it's looking dire. But one thing I've learned is when people I love are in jeopardy, I'll never give up trying to save them. Not until my dying breath. Which could very well be today... 
In this gripping YA novel about social media bullying and half-truths, one girl's discovery of a dead baby in her high school locker room rocks an entire community.

Nobody in Beckett's life seems to be telling the whole story. Her boyfriend Jake keeps hiding texts and might be cheating on her. Her father lied about losing his job before his shocking death. And everyone in school seems to be whispering about her and her family behind her back.

But none of that compares to the day Beckett finds the body of a newborn baby in a gym bag-Jake's gym bag -on the floor of her high school locker room. As word leaks out, rumors that Beckett's the mother take off like wildfire in a town all too ready to believe the worst of her. And as the police investigation unfolds, she discovers that everyone has a secret to hide and the truth could alter everything she thought she knew...

4 comments:

  1. I have that trilogy by Maria V. Snyder but want to reread the first before reading the rest. I am mired in rereading right now and won't be able to focus on anything else until I've finished that series though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm planning on rereading the first two books, but I didn't want to add the work to add those to the post :) Thanks for stopping by! happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Defending the Galaxy looks good, seems like it would race along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the series is fantastic, and just so easy to read! I love Maria V. Sndyer's writing, she's one of my top favourite authors! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!