Saturday, January 2, 2021

Week 53 Review: Brambles

From Goodreads:
In the kingdom of Adania, everyone knows what Princess Alyrra did to earn the court's contempt, her mother's disdain, and her brother's hatred.

She betrayed her own.

Yet, the truth hides another story, one of honor and honesty, of a princess gambling her own life for another's. It's a tale of courage and consequences, and a choice that can never be undone.

A short story prequel to her multi-starred fantasy, Thorn, Intisar Khanani's "Brambles" gives Alyrra's account of what really happened all those years ago, and how a few critical days turned her life into a daily fight for survival. 

My Review:
This was such a fantastic story! I loved reading it, of being in this world again, but man, did it enrage me, of how she was treated, even though she was the princess. I mean, this story was mentioned in Thorn, but yeah, it was hard to read it as it was playing out.

This whole situation was just horrible! She did it to protect her budding friend, and she did tell the truth. The thing was, that the truth put the daughter of a powerful person in a bad light-a daughter that Alyrra's brother is interested in. So yeah, it goes incredibly poorly!

I honestly was raging throughout this book, that she was so awful to Alyrra and her friend, and they were treated so awfully and unfairly! And knowing what she does to her in Thorn, yeah, she was pretty despicable, as was her mom and brother!

The only thing that kept me going through this read, was that I've already read Thorn, I know it's going to work out in the best way in the end. She has a hard time throughout this story, and through Thorn, but she's going to find happiness, and I'm so glad! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for more in this world! 

Author: Intisar Khanani
Series: Dauntless Path #0.5
Read: December 28th, 2020
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book! 
Publisher: Purple Monkey Press
Published: December 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!