Sunday, January 3, 2021

Wheel of TBR #32, January 3rd

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I read Brambles by Intisar Khanani, The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert, Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds, and I used 1 reward on Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read Parasite by Mira Grant, Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi, and I started Cursed by Thomas Wheeler, so I have none left. 

For the rewards, and I have 2/4 needed for the next reward, and so I have 2 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
A-Z End Title, Book Battle, End the Series, Hype, ARC-NetGalley, Stand Alone, A-Z Start Title, Odd Chapter, Less Than 500 Ratings, Shelf, Big Book, Buddy Read, Start the Series.

A-Z End Title-Orange-Y-Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett-This book's title ends with the letter y so it works! 

Book Battle-Orange-Calculated Risk by Seanan McGuire-I added this to my Book Battle TBR, and I can't wait to read it!

End the Series-Magenta-Grave War by Kalayna Price-This is the last full length book in the series so it works!

Hype-Yellow-The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon-This series has a ton of hype, and this is the next book that I have to read in it! 

ARC-NetGalley-Spring Green-Gilded Serpent by Danielle L. Jensen-This is a book that I've gotten as an ARC from NetGalley so it works. Murder With a View by Diane Kelly-This a book that I got as an ARC from NetGalley, and because I can't read Tarnished Empire, which is 0.5 in the series that Gilded Serpent is in, until the end of January, so I had to switch this book out.

Stand Alone-Green-Witches of Ash and Ruin by E. Latimer-This is a stand alone and it works! 

A-Z Start Title-Green-N-The Night Country by Melissa Albert-This book's title starts with the letter n so it works! 

Odd Chapters-Green-The Iron King by Julie Kagawa-This book has 25 chapters, which is an odd number!

Less Than 500 Ratings-Yellow-Beautiful Wild by Anna Godbersen-This book has less than 150 ratings, so it works. The Ever Cruel Kingdom by Rin Chupeco-This book has just over 300 ratings. And I just don't have time to read Beautiful Wild, and I have read The Ever Cruel Kingdom, so that works out better for me! 

Shelf-Blue-11 (Why?)-3 (Even more why?)-15-(The reason for the why, because this bookshelf has not had the books put on it. Doing that now though!)-The Originals by Cat Patrick-This was the 15th book on the shelf (out of 15!)

Big Book-Green-Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson-This series is consistently over 1000 pages, so this works! 

Buddy Read-Chartreuse-These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong-This is stretching it a little bit, because I'm not certain anyone else is going to read it, but I'm pretty sure they're going to. 

Extra Spin for Green-Start the Series-Green-Ask Me No Questions by Shelley Noble-This is the first book in the Lady Dunbridge Mystery so it works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 2
Yellow: 2
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 5
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 0
Azure: 0
Blue: 1
Violet: 0
Magneta: 1
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Even Chapters-Red
Ebook-Orange
WIARW-Yellow
Reading Challenge-Chartreuse
Been Putting Off-Green
Trope-Spring Green
Goodreads Recommends-Cyan
Jax Pick-Azure
Mood Read-Blue
For Fans Of-Violet
Dobby Pick-Magenta
#Bookstagram-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!