Saturday, August 7, 2021

Week 31 Review: The Hundred Lies of Lindsey Lovett

From Goodreads:
A teenage misfit named Hawthorn Creely inserts herself in the investigation of missing person Lizzie Lovett, who disappeared mysteriously while camping with her boyfriend. Hawthorn doesn't mean to interfere, but she has a pretty crazy theory about what happened to Lizzie. In order to prove it, she decides to immerse herself in Lizzie's life. That includes taking her job... and her boyfriend. It's a huge risk — but it's just what Hawthorn needs to find her own place in the world. 

My Review:
I really had a great time reading this book! It was a fascinating mystery-of what happened to Lindsey, and I really enjoyed watching Hawthorn tackle it, to try and figure it out. It was such a great read, and I had such a great time with it!

Going in and taking the place of someone who is missing, that's a little bit creepy. To do it to investigate the missing person's life, prove a theory about her disappearance...yeah, it's questionable. But it is fiction, and it is a pretty interesting idea! I had a great time reading about her investigation!
 
While Hawthorn is learning all these things about Lindsey, how she wasn't as happy as she looked, we're also getting to know Hawthorn at the same time. She's awkward and she's a loner, and I can easily identify with that! But she does grow and stretch her wings in this book, which was great to read.

That ending when we find out exactly what happened to Lizzie? That was pretty heartbreaking. I mean, it definitely could've been worse, but just that what it was...that hurt. But oh, did it make for a really great story! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait for whatever Chelsea Sedoti writes next! 

Author: Chelsea Sedoti
Read:  July 31st, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great! And it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Published: January 3rd 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!