Saturday, December 4, 2021

Week 48 Review: Poor Little Dead Girls

From Goodreads:
The first time she is blindfolded and kidnapped, star-athlete and posh boarding school newbie Sadie is terrified. She wakes up in a dark room surrounded by hushed whispers, hooded strangers, and a mysterious voice whispering not-so-sweet nothings in her ear. But once the robes come off, she realizes it's just an elaborate prank designed to induct her into the group that's been pulling the strings at Keating Hall for generations. The circle has it all--incredible connections; fabulous parties; and, of course, an in with the brother society's gorgeous pledges. The instant popularity is enough to make Sadie forget about the unexplained marks on her body, the creepy ceremonial rituals, and the incident that befell one of her teammates the year before. So the next time Sadie is kidnapped, she isn't scared, but she should be. The worst of Keating Hall is yet to come. 

My Review:
Oh, this was another awesome mystery book! This one had a school setting so that was a lot of fun to read, dark academia had a pretty big wave of interest this year, so that was great! I had a great time watching this story unfold! 

My one thing about this book was that the writing style was a bit stilted, wasn't the most enjoyable to read. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, but the writing slowed me down a little bit. Which was too bad, but otherwise I had a good time with this book! 

I don't know why hazing still happens. Well, I understand, but given how often there are stories of it going wrong, adults really should be doing a better job of keeping it in check, at the very least. It wouldn't be as exciting, but it'd be safer. 

Some of the reveals were really shocking. That what she was put through, that she didn't know, that was just horrible. I did wish that there could've been something that shut down the group, or weakened it or something, but alas! 

This was a really great mystery, and I had a really great time reading it! 

Author: Lizzie Friend
Read: November 30th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: November 1st 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!