Saturday, December 4, 2021

Week 48 Review: Dead Girls Can't Tell Secrets

From Goodreads:
Piper's fall was no accident. Did someone want her dead? It's up to her sister to discover the truth in this shocking new thriller with an unreliable narrator, from the acclaimed author of Little Creeping Things.

Piper Sullivan was in a strange hiking accident last month and has been in a coma ever since. Her older sister, Savannah, can't pretend to be optimistic about it; things look bad. Piper will likely never wake up, and Savannah will never get any answers about what exactly happened.

But then Savannah finds a note in Piper's locker, inviting Piper to a meeting of their school's wilderness club...at the very place and on the very day that she fell. Which means there was a chance that Piper wasn't alone. Someone might've seen something. Worse, someone might've done something. But who would want to hurt the perfect Piper Sullivan...and why?

To discover the truth, Savannah joins the club on their weekend-long camping trip on the same mountain where her sister fell. But she better be careful; everyone in the club is a suspect, and everyone seems to be keeping secrets about that tragic day.

And Savannah? She's been keeping secrets, too...

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book! This mystery was so intriguing, and I just needed to know what was going to happen next! To go into a pretty dangerous situation, knowing that her sister was in a coma for doing about the same that she was about to undertake, the intrigue was high! 

I will say, that it was a slight bit confusing. Since Chelsea Ichaso had The Dark Way Down last year, and then this book, and I got ARC's of both. They have a similar synopsis, and Goodreads has them as different editions of the same book. If there are any differences, I don't know, but I read the 2022 version.

One thing that I really liked was that Savannah was the older sister, and Piper younger. Most of the time, the perfect, more beloved child is the older one. So that was a different dynamic, and I enjoyed reading it! 

Secrets is a big thing in this book, it's mentioned multiple times in the synopsis, and of course it's in the title.I just wanted to know what they were, and boy, there were some shocking reveals! Savannah had her secrets, but Piper did as well! Loved watching them all come out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read Chelsea Ichaso's other book! 

Author: Chelsea Ichaso
Read: November 29th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2021 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: April 5th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!