Saturday, December 4, 2021

Week 48 Review: With You All the Way

From Goodreads:
Ada's life is a mess. She just caught her boyfriend cheating on her after a humiliating attempt at losing her virginity, and she's had it up to here with her gorgeous older sister's unsolicited advice.

But things really hit the fan during a family vacation in Hawaii, where Ada discovers her own mother is having an affair. Apparently, everyone is falling into bed with people they shouldn't. Everyone except Ada. But when Ada decides she's going to stop trying and start doing—sex, that is—her best laid plan overlooks an inconvenient truth:

Feelings, romantic or not, always get in the way.

My Review:
Oh, this book was so fantastic! I really enjoy Cynthia Hand's books, ever since her first one, and I had a great time going on this vacation with Ada and her family, as she deals with cheating and feelings! It was such a great read!

So this quite the usual cover that I love, since the colours aren't immediately there. But looking at it longer, the more details come to light. So I really love this cover!  The leaves and the layers and the colours, it just looks so great! 

This is a book about family, at the heart of it. That her mom is cheating, it's the final straw for Ada. There's a lot of family drama,and I really enjoyed watching their relationships, espcailly the one that she has with her sister,  Afton.

One thing that I love about this book is how sex positive it is, and how it talks about consent. This it stuff that teens need to know. That her sister has been candid about her own experiences was really helpful for Ada. So I really enjoyed that! 

I had a great time reading this book, and I can't wait to read more Cynthia Hand! 

Author: Cynthia Hand 
Read: November 30th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I enjoy her writing and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 30th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!