Wednesday, October 18, 2023

R.I.P. Dobby Paarsmarkt

Dobby was put down today. It's hard to write this post, I've been crying so much. But he's no longer in pain, worrying about cancer, going up and down stairs, or, what ultimately took him away from us, the infection in his bladder that caused him to pee blood and drink so much water that he needed to go out every half or or so. I first noticed the bloody pee the day of his annual check up in July, and he was on meds, and when we booked this years' cancer surgery (he ended up having 5 surgery for the past 5 years in the fall) he had it checked, and it seemed better so he had the surgery. But he still sometimes peed blood. He's been on different meds, and when it was tested it turned out to be e coli, and he had meds targeted for that. He didn't like the pills, we had to struggle with him to get him to have them, and he had to have them longer because he still was peeing blood. He finished the meds on Saturday-but he still had bloody pee at supper that day. When his sample was tested on Monday, it seemed clear. But yesterday, his pee was mainly blood. So he was taken into the vet today to be put to sleep. I got to talk to him on the phone right before and say goodbye, but I still have regrets. And I'm feeling pretty alone. But he's not in pain anymore. And he's with Winky-it's been almost 4 years since they've been together, 3 years, 9 months and 18 days. We got him just shy of my 14th birthday, and I turn 30 next year, so he's been in my life more then he hasn't at this point, and it's going to be hard when the balance tilts the other way. Jax doesn't know what has happened yet, we're acting a bit strange. But he's getting lots of cuddles and love.













So here's some pictures of my weird little old man, by himself and with his sister and brother, who loved to cuddle and give kisses even if he was half asleep, and gave me so much comfort. I think Fall was his favourite season because there were all the leaves on the ground to try to eat, and it wasn't cold or had snow to walk on yet, sometimes needing the coat or booties-he and Winky both rejected the booties. You were such a good dog even when you were a silly butt, and such a good boy. I love you so much, I can't express how much I'm going to miss you. Enjoy playing with Winky! 

Dobby Paarsmarkt
March 10th, 2008 - October 18th, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!