Saturday, October 21, 2023

Week 42 Review: One for the Money

From Goodreads:
ONE FINE MESS
Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, home to wiseguys, average Joes, and Stephanie Plum, who sports a big attitude and even bigger money problems (since losing her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store). Stephanie needs cash-fast-but times are tough, and soon she's forced to turn to the last resort of the truly desperate: family...

ONE FALSE MOVE
Stephanie lands a gig at her sleazy cousin Vinnie's bail bonding company. She's got no experience. But that doesn't matter. As does the fact that the bail jumper in question is local vice cop Joe Morelli. From the time he first looked up her dress to the time he first got into her pants, to the time Steph hit him with her father's Buick, M-o-r-e-l-l-i has spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. And now the hot guy is in hot water-wanted for murder...

ONE FOR THE MONEY
Abject poverty is a great motivator for learning new skills, but being trained in the school of hard knocks by people like psycho prizefighter Benito Ramirez isn't. Still, if Stephanie can nab Morelli in a week, she'll make a cool ten grand. All she has to do is become an expert bounty hunter overnight-and keep herself from getting killed before she gets her man...

My first review of One for the Money
My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book again! Since I last read it, I have seen the movie, but yeah, it's been over a decade since I read read it, and I didn't get that far in the series, so I really had to start over again. Which I didn't mind, I had a blast reading this book again!

Stephanie's life is very much going wrong, she lost her job, and her finances are looking rough. So when she gets into the bail bond business, it's got a lot hanging on it. I loved watching her bring in these various easier cases-while also dealing with Morelli.

She definitely had a past with Morelli, what with them growing up pretty closely, and that he was a guy the girls wanted. But he'd really earned her ire, so watching her poke around to try and find him, was a lot of fun to read. He just kept coming back, and then getting away! 

Watching her pick up the pieces that pointed to a different person being the bad guy, well, complicated things, and there were points where her life was in danger, and that one guy just enraged me. But it did have such a great ending, and I'm excited to watch her future bounty hunting endeavours! 

This was so much fun to read and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Janet Evanovich
Series: Stephanie Plum #1
First Read: July 31st, 2013
Read: October 18th, 2023
Source: Own/Library
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: June 13th 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!