Sunday, October 29, 2023

Wheel of TBR #179, October 29th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 3 or more times in month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 3 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read One of Us Is Back by Karen M. McManus, Wandering Star by Romina Russell, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Chess Queen Enigma by Colleen Gleason.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, the wheel picked Dying to Read. I read The Stranger Upstairs by Lisa M. Matlin, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, so I've read 9/9+.

For this coming month, I chose ARC.

Prompts Used This Week:
Less Than 500 Reviews, Goodreads Choice Book, For Fans Of. 

Less Than 500 Reviews-Yellow-A Fire in the Flesh by Jennifer L. Armentrout-This book currently has 99 reviews, so that works! It might be cheating since it hasn't been released but will this week, when a bunch of reviews will come, but there aren't there now and I need to read this book! 

Goodreads Choice Book-Orange-Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston-This book was a 2011 Nominee in Romance so I'm using it! 

For Fans Of-Rose-The Voice Upstairs by Laura E. Weymouth-The synopsis of this book says "eerie historical mystery perfect for fans of The Haunting of Bly Manor and Downton Abbey" so that works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 1
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 0
Green: 0
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 0
Azure: 0
Blue: 0
Violet: 0
Magenta: 0
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Series I Read in 2020 But Not in 2021-Red
Short Book-Orange
Adaptation-Yellow
Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2020-Chartreuse
Ugly Cover-Green
Colour As Last Read-Spring Green
Series Number-Cyan
A-Z Reading Challenge-Azure
RR Book-Blue
Big Book-Violet
Narrator As Last Read-Magenta
Jax Pick-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!