Saturday, October 14, 2023

Week 41 Review: James Moriarty, Consulting Criminal

From Goodreads:
His razor-sharp intellect, uncanny powers of deduction, and knowledge of the criminal underground are legendary throughout London. He solves cases with the able assistance of his close friend and confidant. And, one day, he will become the arch enemy of Sherlock Holmes.

Meet Professor James Moriarty - consulting criminal.

In these three original tales - collected for the first time - Andy Weir brings to life a Moriarty worthy of the Great Detective himself.

1. The Adventure of the Dishonor Among Thieves
2. The Adventure of the Unscrupulous Assassin
3. The Adventure of the Sealed Room

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I love his science fiction books but this historical mystery, based on the villain, were so entertaining to read! I didn't know going in that there were going to be 3 mysteries, but I loved reading them!

The thing that I love about Sherlock Holmes from all the medias that I've consumed but the original, is the details. We're given the details, but typically most minds don't work in the same fashion as Sherlock Holmes, or in the case, James Moriarty does. They were all so gosh darned clever! 

We're narrated this story by a criminal underling, who meets Moriarty in the first book, when Moriarty is called in to solve the case, and again, there's a mirror, but add criminal, to Doctor Watson, standing in for the average citizen, to be explained how Moriarty's genius worked.

It was interesting to see, because this is Moriarty, gathering favours, and starting his criminal organization. To see the methods that he employs, some of the tricks and clever ruses, while still knowing what was going on, yeah, it was so entertaining and I loved seeing where the mysteries went! 

Loved reading this book, and if we get more, I'll definitely read them! 

Author: Andy Weir
Read: October 10th, 2023 
Source: Audible 
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I love his writing, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book and a SAC 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Audible Inc
Published: January 6th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!