Saturday, December 9, 2023

Week 49 Review: Earth's End

From Goodreads:
A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.

Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire's conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.

My Review:
Oh, I just loved reading this book! After that ending to the previous book, I just dived right into this one! Loved seeing the war, and what it was doing to them, even thought it was hard. Emotions and people really went through it in this book! 

I really hated the Emperor Solaris in this book. The way that he treated Vhalla, when he knew his son was in love with her, yeah, that hurt. That he regarded making his empire bigger over the heart of his heir, yeah, he wasn't fit to rule.

That whole thing with the crystal weapon, I just wish that she'd walked away. She had trouble getting in, and it's not like there's been an air walker in so long, so it really was safer where it was. The way that she was thinking, yeah, I kinda wanted to shake her! I knew it would go wrong, sooner or later! 

On the plus side, she's no longer a slave to the empire, she won them the battle at the front. On the negative, her love is now engaged to someone else, as politics to make the transition easier. So it's no wonder, after all that she's been through, that she made that decision! I need to know what's going to happen next! 

Loved reading this next book, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Elise Kova
Series: Air Awakens #3
Read: December 7th, 2023 
Source: Audible 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Silver Wing Press
Published: February 11th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!