Monday, June 15, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #471, June 15th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #470
Teaser Tuesday #478
WWW Wednesday #478
WOW #474
Will the Time Come #471
Third Sentence Thursday #461
Random Reads #447
First Lines Friday #474
Book Blogger Hop #140
Last Letter, First Letter Reading Challenge Update 73
The Reward Challenge Update #456
Wheel of TBR #3
How Well I Stuck to It #308
Wrote that Review Update #305

Week 24 Reviews:
His Hideous Heart
A Curse So Dark and Lonely
The Lasaran
To Kill a Kingdom
Without a Trace
The Ghosts of Sherwood
The Heirs of Locksley
Monday's Not Coming
The Last Hope
Here, There, Everywhere
The Graveyard Shift
The Demon in the Wood
The Witch of Duva
Shadow and Bone
The Tailor

Magical Readathon 2020 O.W.L.'s:
Update 4
Update 5
Update 6
Update 7
Update 8
Update 9

Make Your Myth-Taker Readathon 2020:
Sign Up
Update 1
Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Update 6
Update 7
Update 8

Random:
24 Hour Reading Challenge 1st June Sign Up

OK, so I got 41 posts in 7 days, there were a lot of double up posts, I read a decent amount, so it was a pretty great week. I got a little behind on blogging though, because on Saturday, I went for the first time to a used book store, one that was over a half an hour away, one way, so that and browsing the shelves, took up some time. So I'm playing a little bit of catch up, but I got some really great books, so I'm happy! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read American Demon, Annie and Fia, Mind Games, Perfect Lies, and Warriors of Wing and Flame.
RACHEL MORGAN IS BACK–AND THE HOLLOWS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

What happens after you’ve saved the world? Well, if you’re Rachel Mariana Morgan, witch-born demon, you quickly discover that something might have gone just a little bit wrong. That the very same acts you and your friends took to forge new powers may have released something bound by the old. With a rash of zombies, some strange new murders, and an exceedingly mysterious new demon in town, it will take everything Rachel has to counter this new threat to the world–and it may demand the sacrifice of what she holds most dear.
Acclaimed author Sara B. Larson continues her enchanting YA fantasy duology with a timeless fairytale feel in an original voice.

The doorway between the magical Visempirum and the human world has been reopened. Paladin are once more living in the citadel where Zuhra and Inara grew up completely isolated by the magical hedge that trapped them there. Amidst the brewing conflict between the Paladin and humans looms the threat of Barloc, who has stolen Inara's immense power and continues to elude the Paladin who are desperately searching for him.

In this sequel to Sisters of Shadow and Light, Inara and Zuhra must navigate the treacherous paths of self-discovery, their love for each other, and for the boys who have captured their hearts. Together, they search for the strength within themselves to bridge the divide between the two worlds they inhabit, even as war threatens to destroy everything—and everyone—they love.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love used book stores. If I didn't have the girls with me when we visit them--usually on vacation--I could spend hours there.

    Larson's book looks like a good one. Hope you enjoy your new reads.

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2020/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-june-15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I love used book stories, I just don't have one nearby. And yeah, I would spend hours there. Oh, books! And I enjoyed the first book, so I should enjoy the 2nd! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. How fun to get to go to the bookstore after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and it was the first time that I'd been there, so that was great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I tried American Demon and abandoned it at 33% when I finally realized that I didn't remember enough of the previous books to know what was happening in this one. I hope it works better for you. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I enjoyed it! Hopefully if you reread the series, you can fully get into American Demon! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!