Saturday, July 4, 2020

Week 27 Review: Dangerous Remedy

From Goodreads:
Camille, a revolutionary's daughter, leads a band of outcasts – a runaway girl, a deserter, an aristocrat in hiding. As the Battalion des Mortes they cheat death, saving those about to meet a bloody end at the blade of Madame La Guillotine. But their latest rescue is not what she seems. The girl's no aristocrat, but her dark and disturbing powers means both the Royalists and the Revolutionaries want her. But who and what is she?

In these dangerous days, no one can be trusted, everyone is to be feared. As Camille learns the truth, she's forced to choose between loyalty to those she loves and the future. 

My Review:
It was really fantastic to read this book! I did have this book confused with another for a bit, so I was confused as to what was going on before I went and reread the synopsis of this book. And yeah, it was really interesting to read!

I really enjoyed this gang of people, they were really fantastic to read about, I loved their different quirks, why they joined the Battalion, the different relationships between them, because there was one main romance. And then this girl comes in and disrupts everything because of her powers and the groups that want her, that threaten the Battalion.

So it was a little confusing with the two groups, given that they both start with R, and they are both gunning for the girl that the Battalion rescued. The writing was a little confusing, because there were a few weird transitions, and in the climax, a major scene was a a flashback of what had just happened-we didn't get to see what happened in real time, so we didn't see all of it, and that was a bit confusing. 

I didn't know that this book was going to be a sequel. And now I know that it's going to be a trilogy. And I'm so excited to spend more time with these characters, I can't wait to see how things are going to play out from here, there's so much potential!

I enjoyed this so much, and I'm so excited to see where it goes from here!

Author: Kat Dunn
Series: Battalion of the Dead #1
Read: July 1st, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book, Historical Fiction 2020 Book and a Prequel & Sequel 2020 Book!
Publisher: Zephyr
Published: May 5th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!