Sunday, September 27, 2020

21 Books to Read in 2021 Sign Up

So I saw this year people were doing 20 books to read in 2020. And I decided to try it out this year. I also decided to merge it a little bit with This Book Will Self Destruct in 12 Months, in that the books that I'm choosing for this list are ones that I've had for a while, and just haven't read yet. Though that just might be what this list usually is. I didn't see the start for those posts, just the middle, so I don't know what criteria went on those posts.

And I want to merge it with the Self Destruct bit because I don't want to unhaul books because I'm a book hoarder, but I do want to read these books that I've had for a while. With all the eARC's that I have, I mainly read ebooks, but I really want to make a list of physical books for me to read.

And yes, I know it's still September, but given how my TBR's go, I'm unlikely to read these books before the end of the year, so I'm safe adding these books. And I just wanted to make this post now!

I did try and pull from all of my shelves, my mass markets, paperbacks and hardcovers. But from that, I've seen some of my habits-I usually buy mass markets (which are usually adult) after I've read them, but do the hardcovers and softcovers (that are usually YA) are just a bit slanted that way, buying just a bit more that I've already read then ones I haven't yet. So this is predominantly YA.

So in no particular order, here are the 21 books I want to read in 2021:
Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava
Taking the Heat by Brenda Novak
Thicker Than Water by Maggie Shayne
The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
The Unidentified by Rae Mariz
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Scan by Walter Jury and Sarah Fine
Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer
Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy
The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman
Fault Line by Christa Desir
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
Prism by Faye Kellerman and Aliza Kellerman
A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones 
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson
Inland by Kat Rosenfield

And it's weird, when I went through my shelves for books that I haven't read, well, there's only a few books that fit the criteria of I own, and have for a while, and haven't read. The rest of the books that I haven't read are new. Though they'll be older for next year. Though hopefully I'll read most of them in the coming year, because it would be great to predominantly own books that I've read and enjoyed!

Ok, adding to this, I made that whole list of physical books that I own. Since I'm extra, I'm going to do a list for NetGalley Books to Read in 2021 and Edelweiss Books to Read in 2021!

NetGalley:
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
Nil by Lynne Matson
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up? by Sara Hantz
The Last Changeling by Chelsea Pitcher
Feuds by Avery Hastings
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe
Drowned by Nichola Reilly
Zomburbia by Adam Gallardo
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy
Awake by Natasha Preston
A Magic Dark and Bright by Jenny Adams Perinovic
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
The Graces by Laure Eve
Black River Falls by Jeff Hirsch
The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti
The Infinity of You & Me by J.Q. Coyle
Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger
Gardenia by Kelsey Sutton

Edelweiss: 
The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody
Relic by Heather Terrell
Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd 
The Dead Queens Club by Hannah Capin
The Iron Flower by Laurie Forest
The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
Girl about Town by Adam Shankman and Laura L. Sullivan
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy
Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
The Beast of Nightfall Lodge by S A Sidor
Nightingale by Amy Lukavics
The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan by Gia Cribbs
The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
The Stepping Off Place by Cameron Kelly Rosenblum
The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen
Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner
The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!