Saturday, September 19, 2020

Week 38 Review: Crier's War

From Goodreads:
After the War of Kinds ravaged the kingdom of Rabu, the Automae, designed to be the playthings of royals, usurped their owners' estates and bent the human race to their will.

Now Ayla, a human servant rising in the ranks at the House of the Sovereign, dreams of avenging her family's death…by killing the sovereign's daughter, Lady Crier.

Crier was Made to be beautiful, flawless, and to carry on her father's legacy. But that was before her betrothal to the enigmatic Scyre Kinok, before she discovered her father isn't the benevolent king she once admired, and most importantly, before she met Ayla.

Now, with growing human unrest across the land, pressures from a foreign queen, and an evil new leader on the rise, Crier and Ayla find there may be only one path to love: war. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. This world of Automae was so interesting, and I wanted to learn more. The beginning was a little bit slow, and I kept getting easily sidetracked, but once it got going and caught my attention, I couldn't put it down! I really enjoyed it!

There was a lot of politics in this book, which makes sense since Crier is the daughter of the sovereign, and gets engaged in this book. I felt sorry for her, because of how her dad treated her, because she had compassion for humans. Bah! She was naive in a way, she was kind, and sometimes did things that she didn't realize would turn out not so great as she would've liked. So it's a little sad there, because I do think she grew up in that area.

Loved the romance in this book, because of course it's forbidden, given that Crier is a Automae, and Ayla is a human. But that Crier's dad has Ayla's family killed and Ayla is there for revenge, well, it really shouldn't have happened. But it did, and I'm so glad!

Oh, man, that ending! So many things came to a head, and I'm just so excited to see what the different characters are going to do next. Like Crier, who is basically being blackmailed by the Queen, and is going to have to go against her dad whatever she does next. I can't wait!

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

Author: Nina Varela
Series: Crier's War #1
Read: September 13th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: October 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!